Tuesday, May 27, 2008

How I kicked off the summer of 2008!

This past Memorial Day weekend was weather wise one of the best I have ever seen. Every day was sunny and perfect temps.

I spent most of the day Saturday in my craft room. It had been quite a few weeks since I had a chance to spend any time on any creative projects and I was missing it. I worked on some thank you notes that I am really late in sending and another 6x6 scrapbook project that I have been having fun working on lately.

Sunday, Ernie and I rode the Harley to DC to be a part of Rolling Thunder "Ride for Freedom". That event is one of my most favorite. We decided to watch instead of ride in it. It ended up being just the two of us which worked out well - we did not have to worry about anyone else in the crowds and after about an hour we were ready to go. The news reports say that 350,000 bikes participate in the event in total. It is so cool to see that many bikes in one place.

We stopped home, changed cars, got the dog and drove to NJ to visit my mom. Monday, we spent the day at one of my favorite events - Bob Brooks auction in Malaga, NJ. We arrived about 9:30 not the early bird gets the worm auctioning but we were able to score some good stuff. To the lady who roots around and picks out the one thing that she wants out of the box and then holds it up for it to be bid along - thanks for taking all the fun out of an auction. Bob Brooks now has a 13% buyers premium. As we were checking out, they mentioned it. I got to say "when I first started coming here, there was no buyers premium" They said that was a long time ago, like 10 years. I said yep, I have been coming here for 12 years. OH what did I score, a cool retro pale blue fan, an apothocary jar, 4 boxes of Christmas ornaments. My mom got a glass brick (we bought that from someone on the side - I LOVE those cash transactions!) and two glass battery jars and a sewing stand. I just like to go and poke around the antiques.

When we got home, after a quick nap, we prepared a delicious dinner. Pioneer woman your jalopenos wrapped in bacon - YUMMY!

All and all - a perfect weekend - scrapping, harley riding, and juking!

By the way, if you are reading this - post a comment - I would like to know that I am not talking to myself.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm listening Megan....really....sounds like you had a great weekend....hope your weather stays wonderful..we had temps in the 80's all weekend...it is on it's way up though

browneyedgirl said...

Sounds like fun. I'm still in the clearing out stages of my (s)craproom. Should have my furniture by this weekend. And then will try to put it all together next week. Watch for photos on my blog...
~m

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great weekend. Maybe one day I will blog. Maybe I'll catch you on another crazy trip like Nashville. Hope it doesn't take me that long to have a girls weekend again.