Monday, February 16, 2009

Sickenly Sweet!

Friday morning, I woke up at 6:30 and had to go to the bathroom - I am 24 ish weeks pregnant - nothing earth shattering about that. Then all hell broke loose - I had caught the dreaded stomache flu. I knew exactly what to expect as Ernie had had it on Wednesday. At 6:30 am, I thought to myself 6 more hours and this will all be over. Right on cue for the next 6 hours, on the hour I wretched my poor guts out. In between, I was even slightly productive, taking calls and emails from the blackberry in bed because sitting up was more than I could handle. I slept the afternoon away and by 6:30 was done being sick (I only scheduled myself 12 hours). That is the sickenly part.

Saturday, my wonderful valentine, surprised me with roses and a perfect card that said all the things I needed to hear. He also went to the grocery store and cooked up steak, mashed potatos, and corn for dinner. We even had ice cream for dessert. Sunday, I got the best present - he started doing some fixing up around the house. The trim got painted, the bathroom wall is being patched and the broken toilet even got repaired. All the roses and chocolates in the world don't hold a candle to someone doing the home repairs.

And thats the sweet part!

2 comments:

M*J*C said...

Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day!!! Glad your flu didn't last long!

Niki said...

Viva home repairs!
I'd take a man who can DO stuff over one who buys sweet stuff.