Thursday, August 26, 2010

UH oh - I have 8 more books on my summer reading list -

 I would like to tell you about something kind of fun that I did this summer.  A gal I work with has a daughter going into fourth grade.  L is just about the cutest kid, you see - big brown eyes, little curls and she has spunk.  She tells you stories that crack you up but she is sensative - I like this kid.  Well, she shared her fourth grade summer reading list with me and I ended up reading about 10 books on the list over the course of the summer.  Some I found at garage sales and some I requested from the library.  They were all easy reads usually only took a night or two to read.  But all great books. 

They were in case you want to check them out too!
The Penderwicks: a summer tale of four sisters, two rabbits, and a very interesting boy by Jeanne Birdsall
Riding Freedom by Pam Munoz Ryan
The World According to Humphrey by Betty G. Birney
Bunnicula: a rabbit tale of mystery by James Howe (I actually had already read this one)
The Doll People by Ann Martin and Laura Godwin
The Fabled Fourth Graders of Aesop Elementary School by Candace Fleming
Fourth Grade Fuss by Johanna Hurwitz
Fudge-a-Mania by Judy Blume
Honus and Me: a baseball card adventure by Dan Gutman
The Lemonade War by Jacqueline Davies
My Side of the Mountain by Jean Graighead George

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice choice of books :)