Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What I miss the most

On April 7, 2006, (I still have my confirm email!) I signed up to attend the inaugural Creative Escape.  I loved Heidi Swapp.  I spent the next 5 months first working to get the money to pay for this trip (a LOT of babysitting) and second participating in a yahoo group with swapps (weren't we clever!), circle journals, and matching t-shirts and hats and tours and trips.  It was a day that forever changed the course of my life and the event was better than I ever thought possible.  The friends I made, I still keep in touch with (Hi Peg! and of course Mel! and Julia English, CFE (who I miss soooooooo much), kathleen L, Kristin, ).  I traveled to see some of them.  When I plan a vacation, I make an effort to get together with some.  Many sent gifts and cards and emails when Daisy girl was born.

And lately I have found myself missing those friends, and the swapps, and just my whole scrapping world.  Peggy blogged about it too.  We had no idea when we signed up, what we would become a part of.  How women from around the world would meet for a weekend and connect over a love of paper and glue.  I had been a SU demo for years and never made friends like that (even my fellow demos and I weren't all that close). 

The next two years we went to Vancouver, and then CE again (where I added the shopping tour and I have to say that was one of the most fun days of my WHOLE life), and then Scrap Etc in Nashville and then I got pregnant (we did do a NYC trip that was smaller but still lots of fun!!!). 

But nothing has ever compared to that first event...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I wasn't at that first one but I know exactly how you feel.....there are ladies out there that I talk to everyday that I would have never known had it not been for CE

Megan said...

Shay - I did not mean to exclude the girls from the 2nd one because I think you and Susan both were part of the group! And there were a few from year one that did not come back. It was just that CE feeling that has not been replaced!